The Internal Medicine Residency Training of the Corazon Locsin Montelibano Memorial Regional Hospital is a 3-year program of the Department of Health (DOH) and the Philippine College of Physicians (PCP). The program is under the DOH, guided by the Residency Training Program of the PCP.
The department began its evolution as the primary medical department in the province’s only regional hospital in 1985, in which Dr. Andres Gumban was made the first department chairman. This paved its way in 1987 as the residency training program was initiated with Dr. Benjamin Encarnacion as training officer. In 1992, the first Philippine College of Physician (PCP) accreditation was granted to the department.
Currently the Department of Internal Medicine encompasses ten subspecialties, ie: Cardiology, Pulmonology, Gastroenterology, Infectious Disease, Neurology, Endocrinology, Oncology, Hematology, Rheumatology, Allergy and Immunology, and Dermatology to serve the people of Bacolod, as well as of Negros Island.
The Department of Internal Medicine is a major department of Corazon Locsin Montelibano Memorial Regional Hospital (CLMMRH). By 2023, the department is a premier Internal Medicine Training Program that delivers people-centered health services, produces excellent and emphatic graduates, and generates quality and relevant research outputs.
– Provide quality healthcare to the people of Western Visayas most especially those patients who are financially challenged.
– Create an environment that will promote the professional growth and development of its residents
– Aid in the prevention of sickness and its complications
– Facilitate learning and hospital training of future physicians
– Nurture physicians to become research-oriented clinicians
- Wellness and Sub-specialty Clinic at the Out-Patient Department
- Blood Transfusion
- Medical admission, treatment, procedures and examinations
- Treadmill Exercise Stress Test
- 24-hour Holter Recording
- 2D Electrocardiogram
- Arterial Blood Gas