The Corazon Locsin Montelibano Memorial Regional Hospital (CLMMRH), formerly called the Occidental Negros Provincial Hospital (ONPH), was founded on March 24, 1926 with a 25-bed capacity. It is located at Lacson-Burgos Streets, Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, Philippines.
Its first Chief of Hospital was Dr. Sixto Y. Orosa, Sr., who authored the landmark Philippine Provincial Hospital Act. In 1937, the bed capacity was increased to 100. When the war broke out in 1941, the hospital was closed to the public and the building was occupied by the Japanese Imperial Forces. In June 1942, the hospital reopened but was transferred to the old Maternity Hospital. After the war in February 1945, the hospital returned to its present site with its bed capacity increased to 150.
In 1962, ONPH was designated as one of the training governmenthospitals for nurses in Western Visayas. On June 7, 1968, the name ONPH was changed to Corazon Locsin Montelibano Memorial Hospital in honor of the donor of the lot on which it stands. In 1977, the bed capacity was increased to 300. By virtue of BatasangPambansaBilang 118 dated January 21, 1981, its bed capacity was increased to 400; however, there was no corresponding increase in plantilla position.
On July 3, 1984, it was reclassified into a regional hospital by virtue of Ministry of Health Administrative Order No. 95 and was renamed Western Visayas Regional Hospital. The name of the hospital was further changed to Corazon Locsin Montelibano Memorial Regional Hospital (as it appeared in the General Appropriation Act of 1985).
In May 30, 2012, the National Historical Commission of the Philippines installed the historical marker at the CLMMRH Heritage Building, declaring it a national site because of its strong American architecture and is more than fifty years old.
The CLMMRH is a tertiary teaching-training hospital. Ten (10) departments are accredited by their respective societies, namely: General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics, Anesthesiology, Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Ophthalmology, Laboratory, and Diagnostic Imaging and Radiologic Sciences. It serves as the sole end referral government hospital for the city of Bacolod, the entire province of Negros Occidental, and the neighboring provinces within the Western Visayas region.
Chiefs of Hospital
Dr. Julius M. Drilon - June 1, 2011 to present Dr. Epifania S. Simbul - January 1, 2010 to May 30, 2011 Dr. Ramon Moreno - in acting capacity Dr. Jaime Bernadas - in acting capacity Dr. Domingo P. Vega Dr. Lourdes Espina Dr. Raymundo Librodo Dr. Antonio Remoto Dr. Teodoro Motus Dr. Wilfredo Salapantan Dr. Pablo Barrios Dr. Jose Divino Jr. Dr. Cipriano Abaya Dr. Emiliano Perez Dr.Bautista Lacson Dr. Morales Dr. Rizal Altavas Dr. Jose Agustines Dr. Antonio Rodriguez Dr. Delfin Ordoñez Dr. Ricardo Jara Sr. Dr. Delfin Ordoñez Dr. Sixto Orosa Sr.